Just in case you have not heard there is a big movement on for the month of November to build awareness of prostate cancer and has expanded to helping in the research and cure of testicular cancer, poor mental health and physical inactivity in men. The Movember Foundation is a global charity committed to helping men live happier, healthier, longer lives. Since 2003, millions have joined the men’s health movement raising $650 million and funding over 1000 programs.
As part of this movement and awareness men grow facial hair, in particular a moustache. Making them an official Mo-Bro. Here are some tips in growing and caring for your moustache.
- Hang in there! Growing a moustache is not for the weak. You will be called many colorful names along with the urge to just get rid of it. Stay Strong.
- Clean your facial hair. Just a face cleanser and scrub. Build up from food, sweat, and whatever can cause build up in your facial hair. So get rid of the gunk.
- Condition your stache. Facial hair is coarse and can be irritating to your skin. Don’t get caught with dandruff in your moustache or beard. Use a beard oil or face moisturizer to keep your skin from flaking.
- Shape your moustache. Don’t let those whiskers grow over your lip. It’s just not attractive and a haven for food particles and latte foam to get caught in. If going for the handlebars be sure to use a wax that will wash out and embrace the look!
- Comb the thing. Using a moustache comb or beard brush will help to keep your skin exfoliated, increase circulation to your follicles. It will also keep you looking well groomed during this process.
If you need any assistance in the care and grooming of your facial hair the professionals at Modern Male are at your service. We are giving away moustache grooming kits to those participating in the Movember Movement.
Just instagram a selfie of your moustache, tag Modern Male and #Movember.
The first 10 will receive a grooming kit!
For more information on this movement visit, https://us.movember.com.
Team Modern Male